Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lago Calima

First stop on my tour is Lago Callima, everyone here in Cali keeps telling me how beautiful it is and there is supposed to be some kite surfing/ paragliding. I walk to the bus station, esorted by Pilar and Carmilla, and a few hours later I’m in the town of Darien.



The lake really is pretty, again, it reminds me a bit of Colorado as it’s man-made lake, surrounded by mountains. I didn’t find the town itself all that interesting, however. It was a little country town, a few tiendas, some restaurants, pool halls and a couple of hotels. I was expecting it to be a bit more interesting, I was getting bored after one night.






I was hoping to try some kite surfing, but it was pretty expensive and there wasn’t much wind the day I was there. But I did meet some pretty cool locals that ran the kite surfing shop. Anyway, it was a nice place t relax for a couple of days and it was much cooler then Cali. I decided not to wait around for the wind, though, and headed for the coffee region.






No comments:

Post a Comment